Looking to enhance the production process of fireworks bright beads / Firework Starbursts? We’ve got you covered! Our team has conducted a thorough analysis of fireworks’ combustion and explosion characteristics, identifying potential hazards in the production process. We’ve also considered the formula provided by the manufacturer and current production status to ensure optimal safety measures are in place.
Our approach includes the following:
- Safety design in accordance with relevant standards
- The automated production process for fireworks bright beads
- Utilization of powder technology
- A detailed discussion of key technologies in each subsystem
Our goal is to streamline party and wedding fireworks production process, ensuring safety and efficiency at every step. With our innovative approach, you can take your production of fireworks bright beads to your customers to the next level!
The fireworks bright pearl automated production line (for party and wedding) refers to manufacturing bright pearls. It integrates electrical equipment, mechanical equipment, and detection and control devices in an organic manner to achieve automatic remote control and automatic measurement (remote) of all processes, such as ingredient preparation, mixing, granulation, loading and conveying, and to achieve the production automation of fireworks bright pearls.
2.1 Characteristics of Fireworks and bright pearl formulas
2.1.1 Characteristics of fireworks
Fireworks mainly comprise oxidants and reducers, which can produce string lights, starburst lights, sound, color, smoke, gas, and other effects when burned or exploded [28-29]. Fireworks are a type of mixed explosive and gunpowder and are a self-oxygenating system. Any sparks, friction, impact, static electricity, high temperature, and other factors may cause combustion and explosion accidents, resulting in casualties and property losses. The flammability and explosiveness of fireworks are mainly manifested in the following aspects:
(1) Most of the raw materials involved in fireworks are oxidants and reducers in dangerous chemicals;
(2) Fireworks and their products can produce combustion (string lights)_ and explosion under the action of heat (high temperature, open flame), mechanical energy (friction, impact), electrical energy (lightning, static electricity, string lights, starburst lights), chemical energy, etc.;
(3) When the temperature in the warehouse and yard exceeds 32℃, and the relative humidity is above 75%, fireworks and firecrackers for Christmas with string lights are at risk of combustion and explosion;
(4) In dry weather, the human body and operating procedures are prone to accumulate static electricity, and fireworks and their products are at risk of combustion and explosion .
2.1.2 Bright pearl formula
An effect piece is a single form of fireworks string lights or a form containing fireworks formed through the process (including granules, columns, blocks, packages, balls, effect inner tubes, effect fuses, etc.), which can be divided into naked and non-naked effect pieces. Dongxin Fireworks Group Co., Ltd provides the bright pearl formula designed for the automated production line (for party) of fireworks for string lights. The specific formula is shown in Table 1.1.
2.1.3 Hazard Analysis of Luminescent Pearl Production
The manual operation of simple machines completes the mixing and crushing processes in producing fireworks luminescent pearls. The processes of ingredient mixing, granulation, and screening are completed by purely manual labor using a “human sea tactics” approach. Each process is operated independently, and the logistics of material storage and transfer between processes are also handled manually. This makes the production of fireworks luminescent pearls inefficient and poses many safety hazards. The hazards involved in the production of fireworks luminescent pearls are as follows:
(1) High risk of combustion and explosion: the special nature of pyrotechnic agents increases the likelihood of combustion and explosion accidents during operations such as friction, collision, dragging, and excessive force.
(2) Low degree of mechanization: existing equipment used in the production of pyrotechnic agents is bulky, heavy, noisy, and lacks precise power transmission.
(3) Material waste: human error in the production process may cause the untimely breakage of large-diameter luminescent pearls, which wastes raw materials and increases the safety hazards associated with handling pyrotechnic agents.
(4) High dust levels in the workplace cause environmental pollution and occupational hazards for employees and pose a risk of fire or explosion.
2.2 Safety Design
Fireworks and firecrackers for Christmas are highly flammable and explosive. A safety design based on relevant standards is necessary for the automatic remote production line of fireworks (for party) and firecrackers (for Christmas) to prevent burning and explosion accidents and ensure public safety and personal and property security. The standards used for the design of the automatic production line for fireworks (for party) and firecrackers for Christmas include GB 10631-2013 “Safety and Quality of Fireworks and Firecrackers,” GB 50161-2009 “Safety Specifications for Fireworks and Firecrackers Engineering Design,” AQ 4111-2008 “Safety Specifications for Mechanical and Electrical Equipment in Fireworks and Firecrackers Workplaces,” AQ 4115-2011 “General Guidelines for Preventing Static Electricity in Fireworks and Firecrackers for Christmas,” and AQ 4101-2008 “General Technical Conditions for remote control Safety Monitoring Systems in Fireworks and Firecrackers Enterprises.” The safety design of the automatic production line for fireworks and firecrackers for Christmas is carried out based on these standards in five aspects: dosage, anti-static, fire and explosion prevention, mechanical safety, and electrical safety.
Discover the future of firework production with our innovative automated production process for fireworks bright beads. Our cutting-edge technology is based on a comprehensive analysis of fireworks’ combustion and explosion characteristics, ensuring the highest level of safety and quality in the production process. Our expert team has designed an overall plan for the automated production of fireworks bright beads, combining powder technology to create a state-of-the-art efficient, and effective system. We have discussed the key technologies of each subsystem in detail, so you can rest assured that you are investing in the latest and greatest technology available. Join us as we revolutionize the firework industry (for Christmas and other events) with our groundbreaking automated production process for fireworks bright beads.
2.2.1 Dosage Design
(1) When the mechanical equipment is used for mixing the drugs, the quantity of high-perchlorate fireworks and firecrackers for Christmas should be limited to 10kg.
(2) When the electric machinery is used for granulating, the wet granulation is quantified at 20kg .
(3) Control the single operation time of each subsystem to achieve automated and continuous production without material storage between subsystems.
2.2.2 Anti-static design
(1) Metal equipment that may accumulate static electricity in the production workshop should be reliably grounded, and non-metallic equipment that may accumulate static electricity should be indirectly grounded.
(2) Production tools such items such as spoons, buckets, and sieves that come into direct contact with fireworks and explosives should be made of copper, aluminum, wood, bamboo, or other materials.
(3) The production workshop should use sprinklers, rain curtains, and humidifiers to increase air humidity. Appropriate humidification measures should be taken outside the production workshop during dry seasons.
2.2.3 Fire and explosion prevention design
(1) Temperature and humidity sensors should be installed in the production workshop to control the temperature not to exceed 34℃ and humidity above 60%.
(2) Each process should be isolated by safety interlocking explosion-proof devices and explosion-proof walls.
2.2.4 Electrical safety design
(1) The electrical equipment in the production workshop should be intrinsically safe, and the instruments should be explosion-proof.
(2) If non-explosion-proof electrical equipment must be used, it should be wrapped in insulating materials.
(3) Enclosures and grounding protection should be used for motors.
2.2.5 Mechanical safety design
(1) The mechanical equipment should be designed with automatic remote locking devices and manual emergency stop devices .
(2) Moving parts that come into contact with fireworks and explosives should be made of conductive rubber, copper, aluminum, or other materials. If hard materials must be used to contact fireworks and explosives, anti-static materials should be sprayed to reduce the risk.
2.3 Process Flow and Overall Scheme
The automatic production line for Fireworks Bright Beads for party and wedding includes five subsystems: the raw material dispensing system (encasing material dispensing system), safety interlock explosion-proof device, mixing system (encasing material mixing system), granulation system (encasing material granulation system), and screening and crushing system. The process flow is shown in Figure 2.1.
Various raw materials are manually added to the corresponding storage hoppers and stored. The dispensing system is started by controlling the system, and the raw materials are sequentially fed to the weighing hopper for dispensing according to the recipe requirements. The well-mixed raw materials are transported by a mechanical arm through the safety interlock explosion-proof device to the mixing system for further refinement. The well-mixed fireworks powder is transported by a mechanical arm through the safety interlock explosion-proof device to the granulation system for granulation. The semi-finished beads are transported by a mechanical arm through the safety interlock explosion-proof device to the screening and crushing system for screening and crushing. The large unqualified beads are crushed and sent back to the granulation system for re-granulation together with the unqualified small beads. The qualified beads are transported to the encasing material granulation system for encasing, and after completion, the encased beads are discharged into the drying system.
Figure 2.1: Process Flow of Automatic Production Line for Fireworks Bright Beads
The overall scheme of the automatic production line (party and wedding) for Fireworks Bright Beads is shown in Figure 2.2.
2.4 Subsystem Design
2.4.1 Ingredient System
The fireworks ingredient system is shown in Figure 2.3, consisting of a material storage hopper, weighing hopper, mixer, double-screw feeder, weighing sensor, stepper motor, and temperature sensor. Various raw materials are manually placed in their respective storage hoppers, and under PLC control, they are sequentially added to the weighing hopper. The stepper motor gradually slows down to reach the preset value and stops adding materials. The materials in the weighing hopper are discharged through a discharge valve into the mixing drum, which is then transported to the next process by a mechanical arm, achieving unmanned automatic ingredient mixing.
Figure 2.3: Ingredient System Diagram
2.4.2 Hybrid System
The pyrotechnic hybrid system shown in Figure 2.4 consists of a mixer, refiner, and temperature sensor. The mixer is composed of a main body, cooling water jacket, rotating arm, screw, explosion-proof motor, frequency converter, and pneumatic unloading device of a double-helix cone mixer. The refiner is composed of an electromagnetic vibrating screen, an explosion-proof motor, and a frequency converter. The weighed raw materials are conveyed to the feeding hopper of the mixer. Under the control of the PLC, the two asymmetric screws inside the cone-shaped mixer cylinder rotate and lift the materials upward, achieving thorough mixing and high uniformity. At the same time, the cooling water is injected into the jacket outside the mixer cylinder to cool the drugs during the mixing process. The well-mixed pyrotechnics are discharged into the refiner for further mixing and refinement through the unloading valve. The refined pyrotechnics are discharged into the medicine barrel through the unloading port. The robotic arm conveys the medicine barrel to the next process, achieving unmanned and automatic mixing.
Figure 2.4: Schematic Diagram of Hybrid System
2.4.3 Granulation System
The pyrotechnic granulation system, shown in Figure 2.5, is composed of a main body, spray device, inclined disk, frequency converter, explosion-proof motor, anti-static insulated rotating device, feeding hopper, and temperature sensor. After the pyrotechnics are mixed, they are conveyed to the feeding hopper. Under the remote control of the PLC, the inclined disk begins to rotate, and the binder is sprayed. The semi-finished pellets overflow from the edge of the disk and are poured into the medicine barrel. The robotic arm conveys the medicine barrel to the next process. This granulation machine solves the problems of manual operation and contact with drugs, ensuring production safety and product reliability.
Figure 2.5: Schematic Diagram of Granulation System
2.4.4 Screening and Crushing System
The screening and crushing system for bright pyrotechnic pearls, as shown in Figure 2.6, consists of a screening machine and a crushing machine. The screening machine is composed of a main body, screen mesh, explosion-proof vibration motor, and frequency converter. In contrast, the crushing machine is composed of crushing blades, an explosion-proof motor, and a frequency converter. After the semi-finished bright pearls are poured into the inertial linear vibrating screen feed port, under the control of the PLC, the qualified bright pearls are discharged through the unloading port into the medicine barrel and conveyed to the next process. The unqualified bright pearls (large and small particles) enter the semi-wet material crusher for crushing. The crushed mixed drugs and small bright pearls are poured into the medicine barrel, and the robotic arm sends the medicine barrel back to the granulation system, realizing the function of waste-free recycling granulation.
Figure 2.6: Screening and crushing system
While coating medicine with fireworks bright beads, the coating ingredient system, coating mixing system, coating granulation system, and the above-mentioned ingredient system, mixing system, and granulation system have similar production processes and working principles. Therefore they will not be discussed in detail.
Based on the combustion and explosion characteristics of fireworks and analyzing the dangers in the production of fireworks bright beads based on the formula provided by the manufacturer and the current production status of fireworks bright beads, safety design for the production of fireworks bright beads was carried out in accordance with relevant standards.
An automated production process for fireworks bright beads was designed based on the production process and safety design of fireworks bright beads. Combining powder technology, an overall plan for the automated production of fireworks bright beads was proposed, and the key technologies of each subsystem were discussed in detail.
PyroEquip is your go-to destination for innovative and practical firing equipment (for patio, laown, backyard, button control, click control, and other several fireworks) in the firework industry. Our experienced team designs and manufactures state-of-the-art equipment that benefits show designers and technicians alike, so you can rest assured that you are investing in top-quality products. We help you find the best patio fireworks. Hundreds of customers five reviews about our fireworks item and we always obtain positive reviews. We offer a wide range of equipment from leading companies such as iFire, PyroDigit, Europla, Quickclips, and Plasticos Gamon, ensuring you have access to the latest and greatest tools on the market such as patio, lawn, button control, click control, and other fireworks at highly affordable price. Elevate your firework shows to new heights with PyroEquip’s cutting-edge equipment. Contact us today to discover how we can help you take your shows to the next level.